The Bed Bug Mattress Protector to Stop Bed Bugs
Mattress protectors for bed bugs can safeguard you and your family from bites by bed bugs. Learn how to select the right cover!
Mattress protectors for bed bugs are almost a requirement in these times. The news is filled with stories about bed bug outbreaks at department stores, hotels, and homes.
One way to prevent bed bugs and shield your family from the bites of bed bugs is to buy an encasement for bed bugs on a mattress cover.
The National Pest Management Association (NPMA) confirms that bed bug infestations are heightened as reported cases within the United States are up 500 percent over the past year.
The infestations have been reported in top multi-family houses, hotels, apartments, and hospitals.
Bed bugs prefer to reside in the bedding of their hosts and are known to attack their victims at night.
These tiny, bloodthirsty, unstoppable pests are often called hitchhikers and get into homes by hitching in the crevices, footwear, luggage, and even clothes.
They also love to hide in crevices and cracks, such as the seams of mattresses, holes in box springs and pillows, and sheets. It’s hard to believe how bed bugs move from one bed to another.
They can be very difficult to eliminate in areas with numerous beds, such as apartments or dormitories. Although bed bugs cannot transmit diseases, they leave bites that could cause itching and pain.
What is Bed Bug Mattress Protector?
Mattress protectors for bed bugs are an encasement designed to cover your mattress completely and are usually inaccessible to bed bugs.
They assist in keeping bed bugs that are already trapped within the encasement. They also prevent new bed bugs from settling into the mattress to reproduce and feed on the hosts.
Mattress covers should be kept on the mattress for at least 12 to 18 months since bed bugs can live all of a year half without eating.
What Should You Consider When Choosing A Cover that Prevents Bed Bugs?
If you’re seeking bed bug mattress covers, It is essential to choose one that can completely cover and protect the mattress with bed bug-proof zippers to provide the most complete and secure protection against the pests.
Also, make sure to buy one made from high-quality materials. A high-quality cover should be manufactured with polyurethane that is anti-allergenic, waterproof, and breathable material.
- A high-quality mattress protector can safeguard your family members and yourself from bites by bed bugs and increase the lifespan of your mattress.
- The same encasements can be utilized for your pillows too.
- To make sure that these mattress protectors against bed bugs work, it is also necessary to:
- The bed should be isolated from the wall to prevent bedbugs from crawling across the wall to the bed
- Don’t let any clothing or other items hang from the bed or touch the floor.
- Use duct tape that is double-sided around each of the legs of the bed or in the middle of the mattress frame. This will serve as a barrier to the crawling insects
Let’s have a look at two of the most well-known brands of mattress covers for bed bugs:
Luna Bed Mattress with Bug Protection Protector and Encasement
Made in the USA, the Luna mattress encasement protects your mattress from bed bugs. It also prevents allergens 99% from escaping through the material while permitting the mattress’s air circulation.
- It is made of high-quality cotton terry, bonded to a hypoallergenic, waterproof membrane. To let the mattress breathe, Luna utilizes an exclusive Airflow Technology composed of tiny pores inside the membrane layer.
- These pores allow airflow through the mattress while preventing liquids and insecticides (both dust mites and bed bugs) from entering.
- Luna mattress protectors can accommodate as high as 18″ and have a nice design. You’ll be happy to know that Luna also provides ten years of warranty.
- Protect your bed and box springs by encasing your mattress and box springs with the Luna Bedding Bug Proof Bedding Encasements.
Allerzip Bed Bug Security Mattress Encasement
The Allerzip Mattress Cover helps shield the mattress against bed bugs and dust mites and dirt, and other allergens.
- It’s designed specifically with the Allerzip (r) seal and a three-sided BugLock zipper that creates indestructible protection against bite-proof barriers against any bugs or insects.
- Allerzip is a fabric protector composed of cotton terry layered on top of polymer. The cotton layer provides a comfortable surface to sleep on, while the polymer barrier stops bed bugs from entering and exiting the mattress.
- Allerzip Mattress Encasement can be machine-washed and comes in various sizes to fit all standard mattresses, box foundations, and springs.
- Guard your mattress against bed bugs using AllerZip Bed Bug Mattress Covers.
Thank you for reading this far 🙂